The prevailing business and management wisdom over the years has been that ÛÏleaders are readers.Û Is this still true today?
Copyblogger FM is brought to you by the Rainmaker Platform, the complete solution for content marketers and online entrepreneurs. Find out more and take a free 14-day test drive at rainmaker.fm/platform.
With the emergence of technology like podcasts and an over-abundance of opportunities to learn it seems like the landscape may be changing Û_
Matter of fact, was the idea ÛÏLeaders are readersÛ ever really true?
And so in this new edition of ÛÏHero v. VillainÛ Jerod and Demian debate the issue with the hot vehemence that only caucasian Midwesterners can truly muster.
Plus, thereÛªs a little bonus for you, too.
In this 24-minute episode youÛªll discover:
- Some anecdotal evidence that some leaders read (not a very convincing way to start)
- The 7 scientifically proven benefits that reading offers
- The very important difference between listening and reading
- The historical issue with reading that complicates the ÛÏleaders are readersÛ argument
- The hands-down best way to learn (even beats teaching)
- How to embed important knowledge in your long-term memory (most people accidentally leave it in short term)
- The quiz that will determine whether youÛªve been paying attention
Listen to Copyblogger FM below …
The Show Notes
- Does reading make you smarter?
- How Neuroscientist Michael Grybko Defines Creativity
- What Reading Does for the Mind
- Your Brain on Fiction
- 12 Concentration Exercises from 1918
- A Clean, Well-Lighted Place
- Reading Û÷can help reduce stressÛª
- Mind Reading
- Younger Americans and Public Libraries
- Retrieval Practice Produces More Learning than Elaborative Studying with Concept Mapping
- The Û÷Leaders Are ReadersÛª Should Die Quiz