What if most of the business world stopped blogging tomorrow?
Would you stop as well?
No, if that happened, youÛªd find yourself sitting on the opportunity of a lifetime. Social networking sites would explode with likes and retweets and pins and +1s of your original content all day long.
This is why the annual ÛÏblogging is deadÛ claim is so dumb. Even if it were true, your continued content production would dominate the web in every way.
So, instead of worrying about the latest claimed trend or alarming decline of the moment, stay the course.
Original content creation is the present ÛÓ and the future ÛÓ of online marketing.
In this episode, Brian Clark and I discuss:
- Has blogging peaked?
- The clear future of online marketing
- What Twitter wants, and how to give it
- Is the online playing field really even?
- Why it doesnÛªt matter (at all) if ÛÏbloggingÛ dies
- What even the major brands are focusing on right now
Hit the flash player below to listen now:
Other listening options:
- Click here to download the mp3 | 25.1 MB | 20:49
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here for the RSS feed (non iTunes)
- Click here for the show archive
The Show Notes:
- Internet Marketing for Smart People Course (free)
- Blogging Declines Across the Inc. 500
- Are company blogs really declining? Maybe notÛ_
- Content Marketing 101
- Why You Want To Be the Last Blog Standing
- Be Better at Twitter: The Definitive, Data-Driven Guide
- 10 Content Marketing Goals Worth Pursuing
- Do not click this link
- We left the building with Girl Talk Û_
About the Author: Robert Bruce is Copyblogger MediaÛªs copywriter and resident recluse.