Digital commerce is a rising buzzword around the web ÛÓ and with that, weÛªre offering an expansive set of new resources for digital business owners. What do we need to know about d-Commerce in 2016?
Copyblogger FM is brought to you by the Rainmaker Platform, the complete solution for content marketers and online entrepreneurs. Find out more and take a free 14-day test drive at rainmaker.fm/platform.
Today, Sonia talks d-commerce predictions and trends with Rainmaker Digital CEO (and Copyblogger founder) Brian Clark.
Digital commerce has gone from somewhat weird (and occasionally shady) beginnings to commercial juggernaut.
With the annual sale of ebooks at more than $5 billion, and digital education topping $15 billion a year, digital business has transcended its ÛÏmake money onlineÛ beginnings to become genuinely mainstream ÛÓ and offer lots more opportunities for entrepreneurs.
In this 24-minute episode, Brian and Sonia talk about:
- What exactly is ÛÏd-CommerceÛ anyway?
- The weird past and bright future of the purely digital business
- How small digital companies can compete with massive players like Amazon or Lynda.com
- Our new collection of resources for digital entrepreneurs
- The most important success factor for digital business owners
The Show Notes
- The new Digital Commerce Institute offers education and resources for anyone who wants to know more about d-commerce
- Want to attend our live event in October? (WeÛªd love to meet you there!) Get the details for the Digital Commerce Summit
- BrianÛªs podcast about The Digital Entrepreneur
- BrianÛªs interview with Digital Photography SchoolÛªs Darren Rowse (of Problogger fame) on The Intersection of Blogging and Digital Commerce
- SoniaÛªs Copyblogger post on finding your Unique Selling Proposition ÛÓ crucial to any business, but especially important if you have strong competitors