Applying web design to business goals is a serious business.
A few weeks ago ÛÓ through the hard work and formidable talent of Rafal Tomal (our Lead Designer) ÛÓ we launched a redesign of copyblogger.com.
ThereÛªs been a good bit of discussion around it, and a lot of good questions.
WhatÛªs changed? Why did we change it? And the big one ÛÓ how is it all working out for the business?
LetÛªs answer those questions, and a lot more about the business end of design, right now Û_
In this episode Brian, Sonia, and I discuss:
- Why redesign the site now? Why do it at all?
- The 3 major goals of the Copyblogger redesign
- Specific conversion stats, including one that hit 92%
- How to think about design as it relates to business
- The specific thinking behind each element of the design
- The evolution of Copyblogger from blog to multi-million dollar business
Hit the flash player below to listen now:
Copyblogger FM is brought to you by the Rainmaker Platform, the complete solution for content marketers and online entrepreneurs. Find out more and take a free 14-day test drive at rainmaker.fm/platform.
Other listening options:
- Click here to download the mp3 | 52.5 MB | 45:45
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here for the RSS feed (non iTunes)
- Click here for the show archive
The Show Notes:
- Internet Marketing for Smart People Course (free)
- The New Copyblogger.com
- The Copyblogger Blog
- Designing with Genesis
- We left the building with Girl Talk Û_
About the Author: Robert Bruce is Copyblogger MediaÛªs Chief Copywriter and Resident Recluse.