A look at the editorial role for your content marketing site ÛÓ whether or not you have the resources to bring someone on
Copyblogger FM is brought to you by the Rainmaker Platform, the complete solution for content marketers and online entrepreneurs. Find out more and take a free 14-day test drive at rainmaker.fm/platform.
Today, CopybloggerÛªs Sonia Simone joins our Editor-in-Chief Stefanie Flaxman to talk about editors.
Specifically, weÛªll talk about what an editor will do for your site, and what to do if hiring a full-time editor like Stefanie isnÛªt in the cards for your site.
ItÛªs common for a writerÛªs ambitions to outpace his talents. (Sean Penn, you are no Hunter S. Thompson.) ThatÛªs what editors are for.ÛÒ Kelly McBride
In this 24-minute episode, Sonia and Stefanie talk about:
- The multiple benefits that an editor brings to a content site
- Why the editorial role isnÛªt just about catching typos
- How to add editorial mojo to your site if you arenÛªt able to hire someone
- The secret weapon behind the first Star Wars movie
- Sean Penn, El Chapo, and the missing editor
Listen to Copyblogger FM below …
The Show Notes
- Check out StefanieÛªs podcast on the Rainmaker.FM network, Editor-in-Chief (new season started January 28!)
- StefanieÛªs Copyblogger post on Why Content Marketers Need Editors, with more advice on how to act as your own editor
- Pamela WilsonÛªs streamlined process for How to Create One Powerful Piece of Content per Week
- Larry BrooksÛªs post on the Rule of 24 on how to significantly improve your content overnight
- Kelly McBrideÛªs piece on The Problem with Sean PennÛªs El Chapo Interview
- Frank ChungÛªs article on The Secret Weapon Behind Star Wars
- Find Sonia on Twitter @soniasimone
- Find Stefanie on Twitter @stefanieflaxman