John Carlton is a force of nature.
HeÛªs that rare breed who can write fascinating copy, and is just as fascinating to listen to. Every story ends up a great story.
Through the lens of his remarkable journey to and through the copywriting trade, John delivers practical business tips and killer copywriting advice in this first half of a two-part interview I did with him.
Whether youÛªre a veteran writer, or just starting to learn your craft, the next 30 minutes with this outspoken ad man is a worthwhile spend Û_
In this episode we discuss:
- How to go from slacker to pro
- Why writerÛªs block is a myth, and how to get your work done
- 4 books that will change your career (and you should read every year)
- The dirty little secret most copywriters donÛªt want you to know
- The mental attitude that made JohnÛªs career
- 2 secrets of JohnÛªs success
- A vital lesson on the nature of opportunity
Hit the flash player below to listen now:
Other listening options:
- Click here to download the mp3 | 36.3 MB | 30:13
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here for the RSS feed (non iTunes)
- Click here for the show archive
The Show Notes:
- Internet Marketing for Smart People Course (free)
- John CarltonÛªs Blog
- Copywriting 101
- We left the building with Girl Talk Û_
About the Author: Robert Bruce is Copyblogger MediaÛªs copywriter and resident recluse.