You ever been out with your pals having a good time, laughing so hard that the surrounding tables end up giving you the stink-eye?
Or maybe you host a knitting club at your house. YouÛªre a band of obsessed knitting fanatics who canÛªt get enough of yarn, patterns and the latest celebrity knitting gossip.
One day a guy shows up in your living room mumbling about how the Lakers were totally robbed in the recent playoff series with the Dallas Mavericks.
This person is called the unwelcome guest.
In email marketing ÛÓ if you arenÛªt known, liked, and trusted ÛÓ youÛªre the unwelcome guest, and there is only instant and merciless deletion waiting for you.
The email inbox is sacred ground. We donÛªt want anyone coming in there uninvited, or off-tune to the soundtrack of our lives.
Ben Settle is an email marketing pro who lives or dies by his ability to connect, engage and sell through email.
HeÛªs got a lot to say about this stuff, and he lays a lot of it down in this show Û_
In this episode Ben and I discuss:
- The secret to BenÛªs success as an email marketing specialist
- How talk radio can completely change your game, and your bottom-line
- The three indispensable elements of every email campaign you write
- How to get your emails opened, even by those who disagree with you
- Two email list building principles thatÛªll put you on the right path to engagement
- How Ben became profitable by emailing his list ÛÓ every day
Hit the flash player below to listen now:
Other listening options:
- Click here to download the mp3 | 33.8 MB | 28:09
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here for the RSS feed (non iTunes)
- Click here for the show archive
Want to discover the most effective ways to approach email marketing, social media, content marketing, and SEO? Get yourself into Authority Rules. ItÛªs a 30-day conference that delivers the techniques and strategies you need to know as an online marketer ÛÓ but registration will close on Tuesday, May 17.
Links from the Show:
- Market Like itÛªs 1999
- Email Marketing 101
- Internet Marketing for Smart People *this is the course mentioned in the show, the ÛÏblack boxÛ in the Copyblogger sidebar delivers daily posts from the blog
About the Author: Robert Bruce is Copyblogger MediaÛªs Chief Copywriter and Resident Recluse.