A few weeks ago, Demian got the opportunity to talk to Bernadette Jiwa about her books, her blog, and her unique approach to branding. And ultimately, about how a business can satisfy customers by answering that terribly important question about life.
Each and every morning you and I both wake up and ask ourselves that question. Some mornings we donÛªt even think about the question, but answer it deliberately by jumping out of bed and bolting for the office.
In these cases, we bother because we care deeply about what we do. We feel like we matter. Then there are the other mornings Û_
Mornings where you roll over and eye the clock. The alarm will sound within minutes, but you have no desire to get out of bed. It has been a long week ÛÓ and itÛªs only Tuesday.
On these days ÛÓ which may turn into months or even years ÛÓ you hate what you do and feel like you donÛªt matter. ThatÛªs a terrible feeling, and you need someone to come along and tell you it doesnÛªt have to be that way.
Fortunately, there is someone.
And that person is Bernadette Jiwa, a branding consultant based in Perth, Australia. SheÛªs an Amazon bestselling author and just a plain, old-fashioned storyteller ÛÓ who is, by the way, speaking at Authority Rainmaker this May in Denver, Colorado.
In this 42-minute interview youÛªll discover:
- BernadetteÛªs insightful response when I confessed why CopybloggerÛªs editorial department has a crush on her name.
- What it looked like growing up in the storytelling capital of the world.
- Why copying the Mad Men style of marketing may be ruining your business.
- How ÛÏtea kettle momentsÛ could be the secret to having more customers than you can handle.
- The interesting twist her book deal took with a traditional publisher (an important lesson for anyone who wants to publish).
- Advice to people who think they are unoriginal ÛÓ and think they canÛªt do anything about it.
- What type of stories to tell if you want to be the center of attention.
- Guidance to people who feel like their careers are going no where.
- How to stop falling for the popular myth about scaling your business.
This is a down-to-earth discussion for people who want to grow a meaningful business by creating value, telling stories, and making people happy ÛÓ whether thatÛªs a business of one or 1,000.
The post HereÛªs How to Answer the Most Important Question in Life (and Make a Living from It) appeared first on The Digital Marketing Podcast Network.