Listen to PODCAST by The Recipe for SEO Success
Why you need a fast site, not an AMP site
These days, everyone in the SEO cafeteria is talking AMP, AMP, AMP.
It’s been around for a time, and while some earlier pioneers have tried to make it work (me), many failed (also me) and have given up.
So, when I saw the title of Jon Henshaw’s presentation at the recent Brighton SEO event ‘ FORGET AMP. MAKE FAST SITES’, I thought my prayers had been answered! No need for AMP?
That’s why, today, I have Jon on the show to give us the low down on AMP and speeding up websites.
Tune in to learn:
- What is AMP?
- Why AMP might not be great for your website
- Why we need fast sites
- What’s the ideal loading time
- Advanced site speed improvement tips
- How to improve your site’s images
- How improving your site’s UX can help speed things up
- What is prefetch and how does it help
- What is Gzip and how does it help
- Jon’s favourite site speed testing tools