There will never be another Nirvana.
Or Coca Cola. Or Stephen King.
Apart from a very few anomalies, no band, brand, or author will ever achieve the level of cultural penetration that Generation X was the last to witness happen in real time.
Our culture has broken apart into millions of little tribal pieces.
ItÛªs not because kids these days arenÛªt heading down to the crossroads with their guitars and web dev tools to do a deal with the devil.
ItÛªs something much weirder than that.
Marketers, get ready.
In this episode Brian, Sonia and I talk about:
- Why ÛÏmass marketersÛ are screwed
- The new bond that forms audiences
- Why Seth Godin thinks weird is your only hope
- What does success mean in this brave, weird world?
- The ÛÏcraft beer strategyÛ of marketing
- Why the small business can survive and thrive
- Has world-wide digital distribution replaced marketing?
- How to market to the weird
Hit the flash player below to listen now:
Other listening options:
- Click here to download the mp3 | 43.1 MB | 29.52
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here for the RSS feed (non iTunes)
- Click here for the show archive
- Click here for the show transcript
The Show Notes:
- Internet Marketing for Smart People 20-Part Course (free)
- Seth GodinÛªs We Are All Weird
- Differentiate Your Blog or Die
- How to Dominate Your Niche
- 3 Ways to Make Your Competitors Irrelevant
- We left the building with Girl Talk
About the Author: Robert Bruce is Copyblogger MediaÛªs Chief Copywriter and Resident Recluse.