Building your Facebook following?
Depositing all your content capital in The National Bank of Twitter?
Dumb. Let me rephrase: compounded dumb.
WeÛªve talked a lot about the dangers of digital sharecropping. So now letÛªs talk today about a specific news item that could affect your business ÛÓ at any time.
And, in the tip of the week, we cover writing great headlines in light of Led ZeppelinÛªs fourth album.
Also, Brian names names.
In this episode Brian, Sonia and I discuss:
- The real danger (and stupidity) of hinging all your marketing on Facebook or Twitter
- How to inoculate your business against Facebook Fan Page deletion
- What is obscurity marketing and can it work for you?
- Why some writers can get away with ÛÏbadÛ headlines and why you probably canÛªt
- How much should you promote your social presence?
- A simple way to write effective headlines ÛÓ at the grocery store
Hit the flash player below to listen now:
Other listening options:
- Click here to download the mp3 | 34.9 MB | 29:05
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here for the RSS feed (non iTunes)
- Click here for the show archive
The Show Notes:
- Get the ÛÏLittle Black DressÛ of Internet Marketing Û_ FREE
- Facebook Deletes Hacked Pages, Destroying Years of Work
- The Marketing Genius of ÛÏLed Zeppelin IVÛ
- Social Triggers
- How to Write Magnetic Headlines
- Thanks to Girl Talk, baby.
About the Author: Robert Bruce is Copyblogger MediaÛªs Chief Copywriter and Resident Recluse.