The extreme emphasis on iTunes as the most important distribution channel for podcasts means that some podcasters are inadvertently becoming digital sharecroppers.
Copyblogger FM is brought to you by the Rainmaker Platform, the complete solution for content marketers and online entrepreneurs. Find out more and take a free 14-day test drive at rainmaker.fm/platform.
Over about 30 minutes, Jerod and Demian discuss the following:
- The big mistake many podcasters are making
- A reminder about the importance of building and owning your own platform
- How iTunes is like Google (and should be treated as such)
- The importance of headlines for podcast episodes (and how to create podcast headlines that drive listens)
- Is there any benefit to numbering podcast episodes?
- The importance of having a big idea
- How to use social media the right way to drive engagement Û_ but without becoming a digital sharecropper