Since Ray Tomlinson sent that first email in 1971, itÛªs been the backbone of all social technology.
40 years later, and itÛªs still the most powerful (digital) communication tool on earth.
My reclusive pal Ben Settle jumps on the show today to talk email marketing.
While the seven-step ÛÏsnowball effectÛ he lays out can be applied to almost any aspect of profitable content marketing, we bring it all back to the loyal, always-willing, unbeatable and unstoppable Û_ email.
Also, Ben explains why he thinks Facebook is stealing the, well, you-know-whats of men everywhere Û_
In this episode Ben Settle and I discuss:
- Dan KennedyÛªs depression-proof secret of survival
- The quickest way to build a responsive email list
- Why email writing is like jazz composition
- How email unsubscribes actually build your list
- Why ÛÏintentionalÛ social networking might save your business
- Weird email marketing, Settle style
Hit the flash player below to listen now:
Copyblogger FM is brought to you by the Rainmaker Platform, the complete solution for content marketers and online entrepreneurs. Find out more and take a free 14-day test drive at rainmaker.fm/platform.
Other listening options:
- Click here to download the mp3 | 30.7 MB | 25:29
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here for the RSS feed (non iTunes)
- Click here for the show archive
The Show Notes:
- Internet Marketing for Smart People Course (free)
- Ben Settle
- Email Marketing 101
- 7 Mistakes that Lead to Guest Post Failure
- 10 Proven Steps to Snag a Guest Post on an A-List Blog
- We left the building with Girl Talk Û_
About the Author: Robert Bruce is Copyblogger MediaÛªs Chief Copywriter and Resident Recluse.