Publishing useful content is the backbone of any content marketing strategy. But what does it mean to be useful?
The Lede is brought to you by the Rainmaker Platform, the complete website solution for content marketers and online entrepreneurs. Find out more and take a free 14-day test drive at rainmaker.fm/platform.
Useful content boils down to three things: education, entertainment, and inspiration. And if you can combine all three Û_ you have a winner.
Sometimes, though, you donÛªt need to entertain. You just need to educate. ThatÛªs the case with, say, an irrigation company.
But other times you need to educate and entertain. ThatÛªs exactly what Jon Rimmerman does to move cases and cases of very expensive wine.
These are both winners when it comes to useful content. In essence, useful content respects the audienceÛªs needs and tastes.
In this 20-minute episode youÛªll discover:
- How Marcus Sheridan rescued his pool company from bankruptcy by publishing useful content
- Why you should never worry youÛªll lose business if you give away educational content
- The eBay project that proved stories sell worthless items at a high price
- The strong bond between useful content and search engines (you canÛªt ignore this)
- What GoogleÛªs In-Depth article search feature teaches us about useful content
- JerodÛªs hoarding problem
The Show Notes